Saturday, March 14, 2009

Advice/Famous Dialog That Money Can't Buy , Remember The GodFather (1972)



-Women and children can be careless but not MEN.

-He'll set up a meeting with someone that you absolutely trust guaranteeing your
safety and at that meeting you'll be assassinated.

-It doesn't make any difference to me what a man does for a living.

-I have a sentimental weakness for my children and I spoil them as you can see. They talk when they should listen.

-Never tell anyone outside the Family what you're thinking again

-In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns.

-My father is no different than any powerful man, any man with power, like a president or senator.

-My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

-Luca Brasi held a gun to his head, and my father assured him that either his brains or his signature would be on the contract.

-hey want to have a meeting with me, right? It will be me, McClusky and Sollozzo. Let's set the meeting. We get our informants to find out where it's going to be held. Now we insist that it be held in a public place, a bar or a restaurant where there'll be other people there so I'll feel safe. They're going to search me when I first meet them, right? So I can't have a weapon on me. But if Clemenza can figure a way to have a weapon planted for me, then I'll kill them both.

-Do you spend time with your family? Good. Because a man that doesn't spend time with his family can never be a real man.

-[while eating dinner with Sollozzo and McCluskey] What I want - what's most important to me - is that I have a guarantee: No more attempts on my father's life.

-What guarantees could I give you, Mike? I am the hunted one! I missed my chance. You think too much of me, kid - I'm not that clever. All I want, is a truce.

-Tattaglia's a pimp. He never could've out-fought Santino. But I didn't know until this day that it was Barzini all along.

-I'll make him an offer he can't refuse.

-Some people will pay a lot of money for that information; but then your daughter would lose a father, instead of gaining a husband.

-You talk about vengance. Is vengance going to bring your son back to you or my boy to me? I forgo the vengance of my son. But my youngest son had to leave this country because of this Sollozzo business. So now I have to make arraingments to bring him back safely cleared of all these false charges. But I'm a supersticious man. And if some unluck accident should befall him, if he should be shot in the head by a police officer, or if should hang himself in his jail cell, or if he's struck by a bolt of lightening, then I'm going to blame some of the people in this room and that, I do not forgive. But, that aside, let say that I swear, on the souls of my grandchildren, that I will not be the one to break the peace we have made here today.

No comments: